We recommend that you use a special bag for all your triathlon gear and keep everything together so you are prepared for every practice.
- Bag or back pack for your stuff
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes for afterward
- Identification & emergency medical contact information
- 25 cents for an “emergency” phone call
- goggles (recommended)
- hair elastic and/or a swim cap
- fins (for YOS, Youth, & EX groups)
- Finis Agility Paddles (Youth & EX Groups)
Running practices, outdoor activities and games
- Running shoes (sandals and rain boots are NOT acceptable running gear)
- Weather appropriate clothing (gloves/mitts, hat, windbreaker, etc.)
- Extra dry clothes for afterward if it is raining
- Reflective clothing or reflective ankle band for running after dark
- Bike – any kind of 2-wheeled bicycle (mountain, road, etc.)
- Approved and UNDAMAGED helmet that fits. Check your helmet.
- Bicycle water bottle
- Bicycle Lock
- Weather appropriate clothing (gloves, windbreaker, extra layers)
- Lights are required when it gets dark
- Bring your OWN spare tire to fit your bike and/or patch kit, tire levers and a bike pump.
- Optional cycling shoes & pedals
- Small backpack for snacks and runners
- Be familiar with KOS race rules.
- All of the things mentioned above for the swim, bike and run.
- Optional gear to speed up transitions:
- elastic laces for running shoes
- swim/run/bike shirt eliminates wasteful change time (shirt or swim top is mandatory on bike & run)
- race belt makes it easy to put on race number after the swim
- race package from race organizers (race numbers, pins, maps of the course)
- TriBC membership card
- extra waterbottle & towel for before/after race (in addition to what you have for the race)
- extra shoes/sandals/crocs to wear while your runners are set up in the transition area
- wetsuit for chilly ocean or lake swims
- Snacks for pre-race, mid-race, and post-race (choose snacks you use in training)
- a black permanent marker to mark your belongings (things get mixed in transitions)