2019 Results: TRI-IT Triathlon Results 2019 – Alphabetical; TRI-IT Triathlon Results 2019 – Extreme by time
Registration with the link below
Where: Templeton Park Pool, 700 Templeton Drive, Vancouver, BC, V7L 4X9
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2020
Time: 7 am – 12 noon
Ages: 0 – 19 years old
Registration: Open online until Thursday at 11pm. Limited entries will be accepted during package pick-up on Saturday.
Race Package Pick-Up, Bike Check & Course Tours: Saturday, 1-5pm
What is a Tri-it triathlon?
Exceleration’s Tri-it Triathlon is a multi-sport community event for ALL ages. It is spectator friendly and fun for the whole family, so come join the spirit of our event:
- Community event, spectator friendly, GREAT prizes and lots of fun! Every finisher is a winner! and will receive a medal, t-shirt, prize package, and draw prize.
- Youth Relay for 10-19 yrs. Mix your age groups. One swimmer, one cyclist, one runner.
- Toddler Tri for parent-guardians and tots of all ages! Trikes welcome.
- 4-7 year olds are allowed one buddy to accompany them.
- Competitive sprint races for age groups ranging from 8-19 yrs.
- Excel and Excite (4-5 and 6-7 divisions) are allowed ONE BUDDY to accompany them throughout the race
- Youth Tri-a-Tri for athletes 12+ years who just want to “try a tri”.
Learn how triathletes swim, bike, run and transition. Learn how to get through transitions quickly and safely. Our training programs are a perfect complement to the tri-it triathlon event.
Sign up for one of our spring and summer sessions. Exceleration Tri Club programs
Swim … in Templeton Park Pool (25m indoor pool). Toddler Tri’s swim or wade 10m in a shallow teach pool.
Bike … a 1.2km loop around the Temp neighbourhood. Completely flat, but some challenging corners. Toddler tri bike 500m on the sidewalk.
Run … a flat route around the school and along part of the Trans Canada Trail. Toddler Tri run shorter routes within track area.
Finish TRIumphantly on the track, claim your gold medal and Exceleration’s famous prize package. Turn around and cheer the next person to the line!
See Divisions for distances
Individual Athlete — $40
Relay Team — $60
Toddler Tri — $30
Multiple Entries – $10% off (Applied to the whole order – Use “Family” Discount Code)
$5 discount on registration fees received before June 1
$5 charge same day package pick-up (by Family)
$10 charge for day before registration – No day of registration is possible
Register on-line with Credit card or by cheque (Payable to Exceleration Multi-Sport and Triathlon Club) or with downloadable the Tri-It-Tri-ENTRY-Form-2020
Cheques must be received by June 14 or registration will be cancelled.
Cancellations will be subject to a $5 fee.
No Cancellations or refunds after June 14
- race T-shirt (if ordered by June 7)
- a finisher’s medal
- post-race food
- GUARANTEED FUN for the WHOLE FAMILY!
- Show respect to everyone—cheer on your fellow competitors and thank the volunteers along the way.
- Be familiar with road rules and proficient at basic bike skills (e.g. signaling, stopping, cornering, riding in a straight line, riding with other people and passing)
- Know the course. Come to the course tours, learn the obstacles and challenges.
- Excel and Excite (4-5 & 6-7) are allowed ONE BUDDY to accompany them throughout the race
- Energy are allowed ONE BUDDY in the swim
- Bring weather-appropriate clothing for cold, wet, or hot and sunny weather.
- Invest in a full bike and helmet tune-up before race day. *Note, helmets must be safe and certified.
Ages as of December 31 of the race year. Choose a distance and event that suits you.
|Division||Age (Dec 31)||Swim||Bike||Run|
|Toddler Tri**||0-4 w/ guardian||10m in teach pool|
(on side walk)
(1 lap of school)
(1 lap of school)
|Relay||8-19||Relay’s register for a division to compete in. Relay’s may have 2 or 3 athletes. Each athlete must complete the full leg: ie: Person 1: Swim, Person 2: Bike, Person 3: Run – a person may do 1 or 2 legs.|
|Excellence||para-triathletes||flexible – Contact Us for required modifications|
* Excel and Excite are allowed ONE BUDDY to accompany them throughout the race
**All Toddler Tri athletes MUST be accompanied by a parent-guardian. No road riding. Tricycles, training wheels, & strollers welcome!
Race and Registration is at Templeton Park Pool
- Have bikes in transition 60-45 min. before heat start time.
- Attend mandatory race briefing, 15min before heat (on pool deck).
- Hang around for draw prizes and awards (begins 30 minutes after the last finisher)
|Saturday||1–4pm||Package pick-up, registration, bike check, course tours|
|Saturday||2pm||Learn to Tri Clinic (by donation)|
|Sunday||7:00am||Elite Draft Legal Race (Tentative)|
|8:00am||Extreme Start (2 Heats: 8:00, 8:05 am) – 1000|
|8:15am||Less Extreme start (1 Heat: 8:15 am) – 2000|
|8:20am||Enigma Start (2 Heats: 8:20, 8:30 am) – 3000|
|8:45am||Eclipse race start (3 Heats, 8:45, 9:00, 9:15 am) – 4000|
|9:30am||Energy race start (3 Heats, 9:30, 9:45, 10:00 am) – 5000|
|10:10am||Excite race start (3 Heats, 10:10, 10:20, 10:30 am) – 6000|
|10:40am||Excel race start (3 Heats, 10:40, 10:50, 11:00 am) – 7000|
|11:20am||Toddler Tri race start (3 Heats, 11:20am, 11:30am, 11:40am) – 8000|
|Noon||Grand Draw Prizes (Bike plus other)|
*Note: heats have a maximum of 24 athletes, except Toddler Tri with a maximum of 20 athletes, Extreme & Less Extreme with a maximum of 12.
|Kristine Chambers||Contact by email||604-377-2141|
Thank you to our Donors, Sponsors and Volunteers
To the staff at Templeton Pool, thank you for accommodating all of our club and race needs. You provide an enormous contribution to the fun, the training and the race season.
To all our sponsors, thank you for your ongoing support and involvement in our event! Our race would not be possible without you!
To our volunteers who make all the pieces come together such as food, prizes, sponsors, registration, transition zones, safety on the course and who support the club all year long.
Race Rules and Reminders
- All KOS rules are in effect. Please read Kids of Steel Rules & Safety.
- ALL athletes, parents, spectators, coaches, and volunteers are expected to demonstrate respect and sportsmanship behaviour. Please, use only positive, supportive communication. Any person using vulgar language will be asked to leave the race site.
- No parents are allowed in the Transition area at ANY time except in emergency and for the Excite heat. Volunteers are available to assist athletes, if needed.
- Behaviours which are unsafe and / or give competitors unfair advantage over others are forbidden and may result in athlete disqualification.
- Exceleration emphasizes FINISHING as WINNING! When you come across the line, turn around the cheer on the next person.
- Respect, challenge, inclusion, community… and fun! Help us make every athlete’s race experience a memorable one.
The extreme division is our competitive division. The following is a list of the past winners. In 2016 we started to award a gift certificate for the 1st female and 1st Male.
|2019||Benjamin Wye||31:13||Sidney Clement||31:56||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2018||Charles Yan||32:16||EmmaJean Neal||32:49||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2017||Noah LANDRY||30:24||Emmajean NEAL||32:38||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2016||Noah LANDRY||30:49||Emmajean NEAL||31:57||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|Rachel WILLIAMS||37:27||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2014||Aidan DOHERTY||33:05||Annelise LAPOINTE||32:53||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2013||Evan DURRANT||37:48||Annelise LAPOINTE||34:25||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2012||Ari BLONDAL||37:40||Aimee SHANNON||37:13||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2011||Sam MALANA||57:22||Robynne SHANNON||38:24||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2010||Carsten LAPOINTE||32:56||Robynne SHANNON||34:13||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2009||Pascal BEGIN-NOSE||32:00||Robynne SHANNON||34:18||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2008||Pascal BEGIN-NOSE||33:31||Elsabet LAPOINTE||35:38||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2007||Pascal BEGIN-NOSE||38:00||Elsabet LAPOINTE||39:13||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2006||Thomas FURSETH||43:30||Lynn MCDONALD||42:48||400m Swim, 7.2km Bike, 3km Run|
|2005||Jake McGEOUGH||39:57||Victoria WHITNEY||43:52||500m Swim, 9.6km Bike, 3km Run|
|2004||David Barrett||37:06||Ingrid BRAUL||39:44||500m Swim, 9.6km Bike, 3km Run|
|2003||David Barrett||37:58||Ingrid BRAUL||41:29||500m Swim, 9.6km Bike, 3km Run|
|*Note: it seemed that Noah did not complete all the bike laps (unconfirmed). Both Noah and Evan where awarded the win.|